Submit Post
Date: August 19, 2026 11:42 am. Number of posts: 5,130. Number of users: 3,654.

Sources reveal update on Nottingham Forest striker hunt after exit deal finalised


Nottingham Forest are not prioritising a move to sign a new striker in the final stages of the transfer window, sources have told Football Insider.

The Reds currently have three options in the building in Chris Wood, Igor Jesus and Arnaud Kalimuendo and are happy with the depth they possess.

Instead, their “priority” area in the remainder of the window is still the addition of a new centre-midfielder to replace Elliot Anderson.

Sources say that a large chunk of their remaining budget is being reserved for a deal in that area of the pitch, rather than for fresh options in attack.

However, it is understood that Forest could consider a move for a striker in the very final days of the window, provided that the right option arises.

If the right player becomes available at a suitable price, then a deal could be done, but it is unlikely to be a big-money addition.

Nottingham Forest won’t replace Taiwo Awoniyi

Forest’s striker options took a hit last week when Taiwo Awoniyi completed his move to newly promoted side Coventry City.

The Nigerian made the switch across the Midlands for a fee of £9million, but Oliver Glasner is not concerned at all by the remaining options that he has at his disposal.

Wood is finally nearing a return to full fitness after an injury-hit campaign limited him to just 15 Premier League games last term, while hopes are high for Jesus after a promising debut campaign.

Kalimuendo spent the second half of 2025-26 out on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt, but appears to have earned himself a chance from Glasner after a strong pre-season.

The 24-year-old has netted three times during Forest’s summer preparations, and played the full 90 minutes in their final friendly against Brest.

Between those three players, Glasner feels that he has enough firepower at the top of the pitch, especially if he deploys a formation with only one striker.

Oliver Glasner ‘frustrated’ at Forest already

Former Manchester United chief scout Mick Brown recently told Football Insider that Glasner is “frustrated” at the way the window has gone for Forest this summer.

The Reds have made just four new additions to their group, with two of those signings arriving on free transfers.

Glasner has recently made it clear that he wants to see more new faces through the door before the 1 September deadline, and Brown has emphasised that the club need to “work” to meet his “demands.”

Much has been made of the potential personality clash between the Austrian and owner Evangelos Marinakis, and their first flare-up could be just around the corner.



Source link

Pete O'Rourke, Transfer Correspondent
We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a reply

      Nigeria's Fast-Growing Online Forum for News & Discussions
      Logo
      1