Submit Post
Date: February 21, 2026 7:14 pm. Number of posts: 1,970. Number of users: 3,171.

EFCC arraigns three for alleged N247m, $160K fraud


The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Friday arraigned three people  at the Lagos Special Offences Court, Ikeja, for alleged N247.5 million and $160,300 fraud.

Those arraigned were Uchenna Ejindu (trading under the name and style of Autonel Automotive Enterprises), Salami Stephen, and Titilayo Eboh.

They were arraigned on an amended four-count charge of conspiracy, obtaining money under false pretence, stealing and money laundering.

The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

EFCC alleged that the defendants, sometimes in July 2024, conspired to defraud one Mr. Jude Atoh of N247.5 million and $160,300.

READ ALSO: EFCC arraigns ex-BSIEC chairman, 10 others for alleged N1.1bn fraud

The commission alleged that the defendants collected the sums in cash under the pretence that they would provide the dollar equivalent, a representation they knew to be false with the intention of concealing the illegal origin of the funds.

According to EFCC, the offences contravened Sections B (A) and 1 (3) of the Advance Fee Fraud And Other Related Offences Act, 2006.

The offences also violated Sections 330 (1) and 285 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

The EFCC counsel, Mr. Temitope Banjo, told the court that the matter was already fixed for trial and prayed the court to maintain the date.

He also urged the court to remand Eboh in a correctional centre over difficulties previously encountered by the commission to arrest her.

The prosecutor also opposed her bail application.

Counsel to the first defendant, Mr Victor Okpara (SAN), told the court that his client had been on bail since May 15, 2025 and had diligently attended all court proceedings.

Okpara prayed the court to allow him continue to enjoy the existing bail.

Counsel to the second defendant, Mr.  Dehinde Dipeolu, aligned with Okpara’s submission.

Counsel to the third defendant, Mr. Mike Umonnan, however, informed the court that he had filed a bail application and considering the health challenges of his client, prayed for an earlier date to move the application.

Justice Rahman Oshodi adjourned the matter to February 12, for the hearing of the third defendant’s bail application and ordered that she be remanded in a correctional centre.

Oshodi adjourned the case till February 27 for commencement of trial.

 

336X280





Source link

Adekola Shobiye
We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a reply

      Nigeria's Fast-Growing Online Forum for News & Discussions
      Logo
      1